Craft Type & Story
- Made with 100% brass and pure animal hide, this two headed percussion instrument called Damru measures 9" in diameter and 12.5" in height
- A handheld percussion of India, this indigenous brass damru is a delight to not just musicians, but also to the ones who appreciate it. A traditional sound modulator drum, it produces mid frequency sounds and rhythms. This gold burnished indigenous instrument can also be used for personal decor. One can treasure it or gift it as a souvenir.
- This hand beaten brassware instrument has been crafted by skilled artisans from India. Played to invoke spiritual energy, Damru is also known as a power drum. This product is Earth friendly, highly durable & corrosion resistant. This handcrafted percussion will remain the same for decades to come
- This brass and animal hide drum is a two headed percussion common in Hinduism and Buddhism. It is widely associated with Lord Shiva and can be heard during festivities and religious occasions in rural India. This antique instrument is almost on the verge of extinction due to lack of its artisans. This product supports and empowers a landless Hindu artisan community called 'Thathera' of Rajasthan. It preserves the rare craft of hand hammering metal in India
- Quality satisfaction and timely delivery are assured for this handcrafted artefact. To be sure of authenticity, we recommend you to buy this product from dekulture brand only. To clean metal body of the drum, use lime and salt or Pitambari powder. In case leather loses its grip with the instrument base, expose it to strong sunlight or heat to tighten it again.