Craft Type & Story
- Made with 100% Kansa(bronze), this Indian cymbal instrument called Jhanjh measures 5.0" inches in diameter.
- A handheld instrument of India, this indigenous Jhanjh is a rhythmic instrument that falls in the group of metal clapper.The Jhanjh is a pair of large discs, each with a graded central depression. In the middle of the outer side there is a finger resting cord, and the instrument is firmly held within the fingers and always struck frontally to produce a resonant sound.It is an ancient instrument; examples of which can be seen on old temple walls.
- This handmade cymbal instrument has been crafted by skilled artisans from India. Played to invoke spiritual energy, this product is Earth friendly, highly durable & corrosion resistant. This handcrafted cymbal will remain the same for decades to come.
- The traditional devotional bands of Rajasthan across India used to play Jhanjh. This product supports and empowers a landless Hindu artisan community called 'Thathera' of Rajasthan. It preserves the rare craft of casting bronze metal in India.
- Quality satisfaction and timely delivery are assured for this handcrafted artefact. To be sure of authenticity, we recommend you to buy this product from dekulture brand only. To clean metal body of the cymbal, use wet or dry cloth